Why should you buy non-toxic cookware? The answer is simple: To prevent toxins from leaching into your food. You may think you’ve already done that by buying natural, organic foods but once you cook in that nonstick, metal, glazed or enameled pan they become contaminated by the pan/pot? Have you ever thought about this?
Not sure if you believe chemicals are leaching into your food, try this SIMPLE & SURE test for Leaching of metals/chemicals?
Ingredients needed for the test:
3-4 cups of water.
2 tbsp. of baking soda
The pots you want to test
- Boil 2 to 4 cups water in any metal, glazed, enameled, ceramic pot/pan you cook with.
- Add 1 TBSP of baking soda to the boiling water.
- After 5 to 10 minutes turn off the stove and wait for it to cool down. Take a small sip. If you experience a metallic taste your pot is leaching metal.
- If you did this in a ceramic/glazed or enamel pot and get a rubbery or paint like flavor your pan is leaching chemicals.
- As a control, stir the same quantity of baking soda to a glass of water and compare the taste. You will see the difference in the taste in the different pots.
Non-toxic & safe cookware should not allow chemicals to seep into your food and should also cook without destroying nutrients. Traditional metal/ceramic cookware cook with a very harsh form of heat that destroys the nutritive cells in food AND lets all the steam evaporate letting water soluble nutrients leave the pot. When cooking with pots and pans made from 100% natural material such as pure-clay the food will retain its nutritional value. How is this possible? First pure clay cooks with far infrared heat which is a gentler heat that cooks without destroying nutritional cells. Secondly, pure clay helps to naturally lock in steam keeping the nutrients in the food as well as making it moist and flavorful.
When we think of our health we think of the food we eat and try to avoid pesticides, additives and chemicals. How about when we buy cookware? Do you ask what goes into this pan/pot? What additives or chemicals are used in its making? Was it made in a method that is safe for the environment?
In looking for Non-toxic & healthy cookware here’s what you need to know:
- Cookware made from a 100% natural renewable material is the best and most non-toxic.
- Pots & pans that will pollute/contaminate your food through leaching its own ingredients are Toxic!
- Your choice of cookware can either preserve the nutrients intact or destroy the delicate nutrients in food, so choose wisely.
- And finally cookware that’s made without harming the environment is the best choice for non-toxic cookware.